Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo



For those of you who don't know, November is National Novel Writing Month – also known as NaNoWriMo.

Basically, the rules are as follows:

You must write a novel, 50,000 words or more, in the space of a month. That's about it. Some people prepare ahead of time, and some people don't.

This will be the first year I will be participating and I am very excited. For those of you who don't know of my literary aspirations, I am aiming to be an author, and the only way to do that is to write, write, write!

Every day I was on vacation, I have sat in the rooftop cafe of my hostel and written (or done something connected with writing) until about two in the afternoon. Though sometimes I feel this is a waste of time, sometimes I have very encouraging results. For example, two literary agents have now asked to see my writing. This could mean me getting published, or this could mean nothing. InshAllah, it will be the former.

So, NaNoWriMo is the next step. For the next month, you can expect there will be some pretty strange updates and half-articulated excuses. The updates in the month ahead may not be about the Kingdom at all.

This is what I consider fair warning.


No comments:

Post a Comment